Please refer to our Application Guidelines to see if your organisation is eligible to apply and if your work and/ or project matches our funding criteria. Our Application Guidelines also outline the key elements that our Trustees look for when assessing applications.
This section provides all the information you need to apply to us. Please refer to our application guidelines and our 'How to make an application - a simple guide' to ensure you include all the relevant information.
If you are new to fundraising, you may also like to read through our guide on 'How To Make An Application - simple guide' to see the general framework for your fundraising proposal and for some general tips.
We appreciate how time consuming fundraising can be and aim to keep our process as straightforward as possible.
Before you start, please double check that you are eligible to apply by reading our application guidelines.
Charities in Northern Ireland
We are aware that there is currently a delay with the charitable registration process for organisations in Northern Ireland. If you have applied to be registered with the Charity Commission in Northern Ireland but have yet to receive your registered number, please provide us with a copy of the email from the Charity Commission confirming that they have received your application. This email should have a copy of your registration document attached to it which we will need to see.
If you have not applied for registration or have no plans to do so, then unfortunately your organisation falls outside our guidelines and you are not eligible to apply to the Foundation.
Once you have created an account you will be able to log in to your application at any time through our website.
To create an online account select the apply for a grant link from our home page, you will then be directed to a log in page, if you do not already have an account please do not enter your details here and instead select 'New Applicant' located underneath the part where you enter your email address if you were to login.
To apply online please:
- Create an online account or log into your existing account
- Complete our simple online application form
- Attach a one page covering letter on headed paper that introduces us to your organisation and puts your application into context – this should be signed by a senior member of your organisation e.g. Chief Executive
- Attach your funding proposal- remember to include a budget and a fundraising strategy. Please include ALL the information we require within ONE document, including appendices, please do not attach these as separate documents.
- Attach your most recent audited or indipendently examined accounts (organisations that are required to submit an Annual Information Return to the Charity Commission should provide confirmation that this has been done). If you are not required to create audited accounts, please provide management accounts and a copy of your organisation’s latest bank statement
- If you are applying from a Church, please attach a picture of the exterior and/or interior
- Once you are happy you have included all information Select submit. Once you have submitted an application you will receive an immediate email acknowledging safe receipt.
Applying by Post:
- Please include all the same information as stated above in our applying online process.
- In addition please print off our one page application form and attach it to the front of your application.
- Once we recieve your postal application we will send an acknowledgment letter within 4 weeks - if you have not recieved this within 4 weeks then do call us to check we have recieved it.
Typically there is no further communication from us until the outcome of your application – do not be alarmed by this, we are simply busy reviewing applications in the order we receive them to be fair to everyone. You should hear back from us with the outcome of your application within four months. If we have any questions we will call you and may request a meeting if required.
Please DO NOT apply both online and in the post! as applications are dealt with through different processes.
If you have any questions please refer to our FAQs. If you still need help please email us or call us on 020 7399 6565.
Our Commitment To You
We appreciate how challenging fundraising can be and we aim to be as clear as possible about the way we work. Our Weston Charter outlines exactly what you can expect from us.